More specifically volunteers will have the opportunity to acquire hard skills in the following areas:
1. No-till gardening (sheet mulching, broad forking, composting, seed starting, pest management...etc)
2. Animal care and management (goat, sheep, horse, chicken, duck and dog)
3. Cooking (learn to make tasty use of our garden veggies, homegrown eggs and goat cheese! We also grind grain and make our own bread)
4. Food preservation (canning, drying, fermentation, root cellar storage...etc)
5. Farm machine use and maintenance (Kubota tractor, cub cadet mower, electric chainsaw...etc)
In addition, longer term volunteers will have time to tackle their own eco-projects on the farm. Help us set up a rainwater catchment system off our barn roof! Install our hydraulic ram in the nearby stream and help us irrigate the garden! Propose your own project and make it happen!